September 25, 2013

BBC GOOD FOOD WEBSITE – REMOVAL OF OLIVE MAGAZINE RECIPES ON 30th SEPTEMBER

I was checking out a recipe on the Good Food website recently and when I tried to save it was told that it could not be saved because the licence for it was due to expire.

Home

It appears that the licence for ALL OLIVE MAGAZINE RECIPES expires on 30th September and all those recipes will disappear from the site.

The Good Food website people have been very helpful and highlighted all the affected recipes that I have saved.  They suggest I keep a paper copy if I want to.

So if anyone has some favourite recipes in their Good Food folder it would be a good idea to go through and print off any that come from Olive Magazine because they will soon disappear.  Or you could do a “cut and paste” and save them to your computer.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! I have to say I gave up using the online folder - I just dip in and out of the website - but I might check back to see if any of my favourite recipes are olive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, Jean. Saved all my Olive recipes to a folder - didn't realise I'd saved so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone kept the recipe for Lemon Drizzle cake that includes ground almonds? Best recipe for this cake and have made many times but never saved the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, you could try this one:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lemon_drizzle_cake_66665

      Delete
    2. Elaine, I think I have found it by putting "Olive magazine lemon drizzle cake recipe" into Google.
      Here's the link:
      http://helenswoodenspoon.wordpress.com/2010/01/17/lemon-drizzle-cake/
      Alternatively, I have saved a copy so if you email me I will forward it to you: jeanlovesbeads@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. I have lost my absolute favourite Bakewell tart recipe in this way. Has anyone saved it and therefore can save me? :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lost the best-ever Chili recipe from October 2011 Olive. Does anyone have still have it?

    ReplyDelete