January 12, 2012

BAKING ON THE TELLY

I have been highly amused by the latest Bake-off contest on the TV.

Watching the latest bunch of contestants as they strived to produce something that looks presentable and tastes good has made me realise how good at it the non-celebrities were in the previous series !!

Some of the celebrities made fundamental mistakes which even I could spot, making me think how much I have learned from watching all those other baking programmes on the telly.

Poor Arlene, I definitely think she should stick to the dance floor or buy a copy of the Be-Ro book.  My guess is that she doesn’t don her pinny and get baking all that often !!

Being judged by the kind and encouraging baking guru Mary and the oh-so-picky Paul must be quite scary, though.   Paul Hollywood seems to have become to the Craig Revel Horwood of the baking contest – if he likes their baking the contestants are over the moon.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I lived next door to you!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen last night's episode yet - sounds as though it's going to be interesting. The first episode were obviously all competent bakers so I assumed the rest would be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the programme, but I would absolutely hate to have to cook in front of others. They must be much braver than me....

    ReplyDelete